Dear Parent or Carer,
NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect trace everyone who have been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Your Year 8 child has been identified as a contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19. The child who has tested positive has not been in school since Thursday 8th October, therefore Year 8 pupils only need to self-isolate for 2 days (Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd Oct).
Self-isolation advice requires your child to stay at home, not to go outdoors to exercise, to visit shops, family or friends, or to other public spaces. Please do not invite people to your house. Further information on self-isolation can be found in the link at the bottom of this letter.
If your child remains well then the other members of the household do not need to isolate and can continue with their normal activities. If your child is still well, they can return to school and their other usual activities on Friday 23/10/2020.
This period of self-isolation cannot be reduced by having a test. A test is only for people who develop symptoms of COVID-19.
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading, there are things that everyone in your family can do to help. These include:
· washing hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
· using hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
· washing hands as soon as they get home
· covering their mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not their hands) when they cough or sneeze
· putting used tissues in the bin immediately and washing hands afterwards
Please be alert for symptoms of COVID-19 in your child, which are:
· A new or continuous cough
· A high temperature
· A loss of or change to sense of smell or taste
If your child develops any of these symptoms, even if they are mild:
· Book a test for them by phoning 01639 862757 or 119 or through the online portal: https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test
· Inform Gowerton Comprehensive School that they are unwell with COVID-19 symptoms and that you have requested a test
· Your child should remain in self-isolation
· All other household members should isolate for 14 days from when your child developed symptoms
· Do not visit a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital but if you require medical advice please contact NHS 111 or telephone your GP; if there is a medical emergency phone 999
· If you require medical advice for COVID-19 symptoms or another reason, please inform the healthcare worker that your child is a contact of a case of COVID-19 and in self-isolation
· Please follow the advice provided when your child receives their test result
Further formation on Test, Trace, Protect can be found here https://gov.wales/test-trace-protect-coronavirus
Further information on symptoms and self-isolation can be found here https://gov.wales/symptoms-and-self-isolation-contact-tracing For general information on COVID-19 https://gov.wales/protect-yourself-others-coronavirus
The COVID-19 online symptom checker can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do https://gov.wales/check-if-you-need-coronavirus-medical-help
Mr N Jones
© Gowerton School: Powered by just 2 easy & Hwb